La Toya joined Westminster Business School in 2017, having taught previously at Kingston University (UK) and the College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad and Tobago).
La Toya is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), and has taught on a variety of marketing modules, such as consumer behaviour, brand management, and marketing strategy, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She was voted by students the Best Lecturer for 2016 at the Faculty of Business and Law at Kingston University, and has been recognised for her excellence in teaching and student support at the University of Westminster for 2017-2018.
La Toya received her PhD in Marketing from Kingston University in 2018. Prior to joining academia, she worked for over ten years in PR, Media and Advertising in a variety of industries including oil and gas, telecommunications, finance, tourism, theatre and arts, health and entertainment.
La Toya's broad research interest lies on the intersection of the domains of consumer behaviour and brand management, with a focus on understanding brand alliance strategy and the psychology of consumers toward brands experiencing reputational crises.
Papers accepted in refereed international conference proceedings:
- Crisafulli, B., Singh, J. and Quamina, L., “Spreading of bad news online: How negative online word of mouth and crisis response influence consumer attitudes towards cause-brand alliances”. 6th International Consumer Brand Relationships Conference,19-21 May 2019, Cancun, Mexico.
- Quamina, L. and Singh, J., “Negative spill over effects in corporate brand alliances in crisis" American Marketing Association Winter Conference (AMA Winter), 22-24 Feb 2019, Austin, TX, USA.
- Crisafulli, B., Singh, J, Quamina, L. and Xue, M., "Online communications and affective displays on consumers" 4th International Colloquium on Corporate Branding, Identity, Image and Reputation (COBIIR 2018), 2-3 Sep 2018, University of Calabria, Italy. (won the Best conference paper award).
- Singh, J, Crisafulli, B., Quamina, L. and Kottasz, R., "Crisis in corporate brand alliances: an investigation of the effects of crisis types and recovery". 3rd International Colloquium on Corporate Branding, Identity, Image and Reputation (COBIIR2017), 7-8 Sep 2017, Middlesex University, London, U.K.
- Singh, J., Quamina, L. and Xue, M., “10 million followers and counting: how digital brand alliances between online influencers and brands impact consumer value perceptions”, in 45th Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference, May 24-26, 2017, Coronado Island, San Diego, USA.
- Singh, J., Quamina, L. and Kalafatis, S., “Under a cloud: the impact of corporate reputation harm on brand equity and consumer value perceptions”, in The 19th Academy of Marketing Science World Marketing Congress, 19-23 July, 2016, IESEG School of Management, Paris, France.
- Quamina, L., Singh, J. and Kalafatis, S., “Where does the buck stop?: Examining the role of brand crisis attributions in diminishing negative spill over effects in consumer evaluation of brand alliances”, in The 25th Annual World Business Congress (IMDA), 15-19 June, 2016, Kingston University, U.K.
- Singh, J., Dall'Olmo Riley, F. and Quamina, L., “Brands that do not do good: the impact of corporate reputation harm on brand equity and consumer value perceptions”, in Brands that do Good, 11th Global Brand Conference, 27-29 April, 2016, University of Bradford, England. (won the Best conference paper award).
- Quamina, L., “Negative spill over effects in co-branding”, in Collaboration in Research, 44th European Marketing Academy (EMAC) Conference Doctoral Colloquium, 24-26 May, 2015, KU Leuven and Vlerick Business School, Leuven, Belgium.
- Quamina, L., “Negative spill over effects in co-branding”, in The Magic in Marketing,48th Academy of Marketing (AM) Conference Doctoral Colloquium, 7-9 July, 2015, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
- Quamina, L., “Negative spill over effects in co-branding”, poster presentation, in Contemporary Issues in Business and Law, 6th Annual Faculty of Business and Law Research Conference, 15-16 June, 2015, Kingston University, U.K.
Please see under publications for published research outputs.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.