Before joining Westminster in 2012 he worked for many years as a management consultant with McKinsey & Company, Inc.
He advised clients in both large global Fortune 500 companies and new venture start-ups, mainly in the energy sector including oil, power, gas. Strategy Issues included disruptive technologies and innovation, digital strategies to win, the roller-coaster dynamics of the transition towards lean technologies, deregulation driving organizational transformation, growth platforms for new venture start-ups and capacity investment and market pricing dynamics.
PhD Strategic Management, London Business School
MBA, London Business School
MA Computer Science, Churchill College, University of Cambridge
System Dynamics Society
Paul is the Westminster MBA Course Leader and he is a Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Strategic Management, specialising in digital strategy, disruption and innovation.
Paul is researching two main issues:
1. Digital strategies
- technological change and digital disruption
- the design of innovative and sustainable business models
- the contingent capabilities needed develop and implement digital strategies to win.
2. Strategy development and scenario planning
- understanding the behavioural and cognitive foundations of strategy
- the use of strategy support tools (including strategy dynamics visual mapping, simulation models and microworlds) to create and rehearse strategic initiatives
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.