Paul joined WBS in September 2012 after spending 15 years at McKinsey & Company as a management consultant with a focus on energy (oil, natural gas, power).
PhD Strategic Management, London Business School
MBA, London Business School
MA Computer Science, Churchill College, University of Cambridge
System Dynamics Society
Paul teaches strategic management on undergraduate and postgraduate modules.
Paul is working with several Fortune 500 companies on two main issues:
1. Dynamics of strategy and firm performance
- the delivery of strong and sustainable improvements over time in business performance
- technological change and its impact on firm strategy and industry structure and conduct
- understanding the wide range of firm performance - successes and failures - in industries characterized by complex dynamics
2. Strategy development and scenario planning
- understanding the behavioural and cognitive foundations of strategy
- the use of strategy support tools (including strategy dynamics visual mapping, simulation models and microworlds) to create and rehearse strategic initiatives
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.