I have a BSc in Mathematics (first class), a MSc in Tourism and a PhD in Air Transport and Tourism Management. Before joining the University, I worked in air transport consultancy.
I have now been involved in the teaching, research and consultancy of air transport and tourism for over 30 years and have developed two key specialist interests. The first is airport management, economics and regulation. The second is the analysis of tourism and aviation demand and the relationship between the tourism and aviation industries.
In addition to teaching on undergraduate and postgraduate tourism and transport modules at the University, I also get involved with the University's programme of aviation short courses. Externally I have given presentations and papers at many different academic and industry conferences throughout the world.
- Editor-in Chief: Journal of Air Transport Management (2013-2015)
- Member - Editorial Boards: Journal of Air Transport Management, Research in Transportation Business and Management, Journal of Airport Management, Journal of Air Transport Studies, Journal of Tourism Economics
- Member - Advisory Boards: Journal of Asian Transport Studies, European Aviation Conference
- External Examiner: City University, Manchester University
- Fellow: Air Transport Research Society
- Fellow: Higher Education Academy
- Member: Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Member: The Tourism Society
I am involved with a number of aviation and tourism related modules on the University's undergraduate tourism and events courses and postgraduate transport, air transport and tourism courses. I also organise the final year undergraduate dissertation module for the tourism and events students at the University and get involved with other research modules and the supervision research students from undergraduate through to PhD level.
Current research interests
Airport economics, management and regulation.
Tourism and aviation demand analysis.
University research groups
I am member of the Centre for Tourism Research and also work closely with the Transport Studies Group.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.