I am a lecturer in Cyber Security in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Westminster and a researcher in the Security of the Internet of Things and Smart Cities Securities. My main research focuses on looking at how existing security protocols can be used on infrastructure-less decentralised networks such as blockchain networks and the Internet of Things. I am also undertaking a PhD in wireless networks security, investigating the security of the Internet of Things using key pre distribution schemes.
I am involved in teaching several modules for both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Security and Forensics - (6COSC002W Level 6 Semester 2): This module examines various aspects of computer security and forensics giving a sound introduction to theoretical and practical areas such as network security, cryptography, security architecture and operations security.
- Information Technology Security - (5BUIS003W Level 5 Semester 1): This module examines the issues involved with recognising security threats to computer systems, their consequences and methods of dealing with such threats. In particular, it provides an overview of access controls, software development security, business continuity, legal issues and compliance, and physical security.
- Cyber Security Applications - (7BUIS022W, term 2) The module introduces a variety of techniques and frameworks designed to support data security, with particular emphasis on various cryptography techniques. Topics covered include cyber security threats and countermeasures in the large-scale context of cyber warfare at commercial and state level; operational frameworks, cryptography and latest developments and research in the area.
- Fundamentals of Security Technology - (7COSC003W , term 1) This module introduces the fundamental concepts of computer security with a focus on applications in the computer forensics arena. You will learn about a number of different file systems Security.
- Data Recovery and Analysis - (7COSC008W, term 2) The module aims to provide you with an understanding of techniques used to systematically recover data from file systems using low level stored objects on raw devices, place it within context and analyse its information content.
My main research activities are in the following topics:
- Internet of Things
- Software Defined networks security
- Smart cities and smart applications
- IPv6 and security
- Forensics for Cybersecurity
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.