- PhD Computer Science (University College London, 1995)
- MSc Computer Science with Distinction (University College London, 1990)
- BA Business Studies (University of Greenwich, 1985)
- ACM and IEEE
- Event Processing Technical Society
- Module teaching at UG and PG levels (3SFE517, 3SFE617, 3SFE7A5, 3ADC7A8)
- UG and PG project supervision
- Course Leader, MSc Advanced Software Engineering
- Member of school web strategy group
- KTP Cluster convenor
- Head of Software Systems Engineering Research Group
My principal research area is in publish/subscribe communication and distributed event-based systems. This includes topics such as content-based routing, peer-to-peer systems, web services and distributed knowledge management. I am interested in
applying event-based distributed systems to the problems of ubiquitous computing. I have designed developed a range of software in Java and Python to trial my research.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.