I'm part of
- iWestminster - the Westminster learning surface (see i.westminster.ac.uk) that aims to explore the potential of touch surfaces for use in higher education as part of the everyday experience in the delivery and use of teaching and learning material.
- jQuery Mobile - Touch-Optimized Web Framework for Smartphones & Tablets. jQuery Mobile is a unified, HTML5-based user interface system for all popular mobile device platforms, built on the rock-solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. Its lightweight code is built with progressive enhancement, and has a flexible, easily themeable design.
- 1999 MPhil in Computer Science (in the field of medical application on mobile devices)
- 1995 BEng Electronics (ESTE, France)
- Awarded Excellence in Teaching and Learning (Education Initiative Centre) 2009
Industrial and commercial experience
Since 2007, collaboration with Microsoft (e.g. Silverlight UK Training course for HE at the University of Westminster).
1997, Creation of the first Web site for City Consultants (recently acquired by DCE consultants).
1995-1999, Collaboration with IMS (Integrated Medical Solutions) during MPhil studies
Course Leader for the BSc Internet Computing and BSc Web Engineering Module Leader for:
- 3SFE407 Introduction to Internet Programming
- 3SFE542 Mobile User Interface Development
- 3MOB7A3 Mobile User Interfaces
- Co-Teaching 3SFE412 Introduction to Mobile Computing
- Project supervisor, Personal Tutor
- Chair of the Technology to Support Teaching and Learning in Labs expert group
- Member of the School Technology Enhanced Learning group
- Member of the School e-learning group
- Member of the Communication Change group
- Member of the University Blended Learning group
- External Advisor for the JISC project in Biosciences "Making Assessment Count".
Teaching and Learning, Mobile HCI, Mobile Web