The Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment is involved in a variety of research activities relating to all aspects of architecture and the built environment.
We have many interests from architecture and globalisation, to the Olympics and city tourism, to city management, transport and sustainability. We also undertake research projects commissioned by central and local government, government agencies, the private sector and charitable bodies, as well as overseas agencies.
Much of our engagement in research was rated of international standard in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
The Faculty supports five subject groups which have an excellent record in their field:
- Architectural History and Theory Research Group
- Architecture and Cities
- Centre for the Study of the Production of the Built Environment (ProBE)
- Tourism and Events Research Group
- Environment and Technology
- Expanded Territories Research Group
- Experimental Practice
- Centre for Urban Infrastructure
- Max Lock Centre
- Property and Construction Research Group
- Representation, Fabrication and Computing
- Transport Studies Research Group