As a student, you are encouraged to play a full part in the decision-making processes of the University.

There are many opportunities for you to do so, whether as a Course Representative, through the University Re-validation Process as a Student Panel Adviser, or through the University of Westminster Students' Union (UWSU).

For undergraduate students, these activities can also be recorded on your Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR). For further information, please visit the Higher Education Achievement Report page.

Course representatives

Each University course has Course Representatives, who are students elected by their fellow students at the start of each academic year. Course Representatives collect feedback from students on the course and present this feedback to course leaders at regular intervals throughout the academic year.

It is recommended that you read the information available on this web page before nominating yourself to be a Course Representative. You can find a role description that outlines the expectations of a Course Representative below.

Course Representatives from across each School also meet once a term with academic staff as part of the School Staff Student Exchange (SSSE). These meetings are co-chaired by a senior academic and a student. The SSSE nominates one student from each School to attend meetings of the Student Experience Committee (SEC), which is co-chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) and the President of UWSU. Through the SEC student feedback is heard and responded to by staff in senior management positions from across the University.

For more information, please also visit the UWSU website and refer to Section 8 of the Quality Assurance and Enhancement Handbook.

Student Panel Advisers

The University of Westminster gives students the opportunity to be involved in the enhancement of University courses and to assist with improving the academic experience of the student body.

For more information on the Student Panel Adviser role and how to apply, please visit the Student Panel Advisers webpage.