This award recognises students who have positively helped the university community in the areas of learning and teaching or student experience. There is one award of £500 available per Faculty.
We will be looking at the contributions students have made which have
- influenced changes to specific learning and teaching practices or policies
- encouraged the engagement of other students in university activities
- enhanced the learning opportunities of peers
- or promoted and championed diversity and equality.
Nominations for the awards are now open and will close on Friday 8 February at 5pm, with the winners announced in March. Award winners will be honoured at the Student Union Appreciation Awards and at the Annual Learning and Teaching Celebration Event in May.
Award nominees can be studying at any level with the exception of Postgraduate Research (PhD). Nominations can be made by a course, Department or Cluster, Faculty, a member of staff or a fellow student.
Nominations must be submitted online by 5pm on Friday 8 February using the online nomination form.
You will be asked to include the following information:
- outline the specific contributions the nominee has made to learning and teaching and/or student experience at the University of Westminster (max. 500 words)
- detail the specific impact the nominee’s contributions have made to the University of Westminster (max. 500 words)
- provide any further information that will help the panel assess this nomination (max. 500 words)
If you have any question about the awards or about the nomination process please contact Dr Jennifer Fraser, University Director of Student Partnership, Centre for Teaching Innovation at [email protected]