This module exposes students to the complete design process of a mobile application interfaces, from concept creation to product prototype. Students learn user experience (UX) principles for multiple mobile platforms, devices and interaction styles.
Teaching team for this module:
- Daphne Economou
- Anne-Gaelle Colom
- Mohammad Ramezanian
- Lemonia Argyriou
As part of the module the students develop a mobile web-app targeting iPhones and iPads following a brief as close to a commercial project. This year the students worked on commercial briefs provided by ORM, a digital strategy agency in London. ORM has been involved in the process by providing formative feedback to students.
Three projects out of the 42 that have been developed for this module received an award based on the design of the user journeys, the application user interface and the technical difficulty of the projects. All three winning teams have been offered the opportunity for an interview for a summer internship at ORM.
The event has been well attended and the ORM has been very impressed by the quality of the student output. Congratulations to all 12 projects that have been nominated and to the 3 winning team.
1st prize – Beer Chaser
- Niral Mehta, BENG (Hons) Software Engineering
- Rodrigo Queiroz, MENG Software Engineering Integrated Masters
- Ali Alwan, BENG (Hons) Software Engineering
- George Calarasanu, BENG (Hons) Software Engineering
2nd prize – Voyage
- Mark Wood, BSC (Hons) Computer Science with Foundation
- Christian Santos, BSC (Hons) Computer Science with Foundation
- Jona Berisha, BSC (Hons) Computer Science
- Quang Nguyen, BSC (Hons) Computer Science with Foundation
3rd prize – Ahoy
- Giorgia Beltrami, BSC (Hons) Multimedia Computing
- Eduard Ghinea, BSC (Hons) Multimedia Computing
- Melissa Gonzalez russi, BSC (Hons) Multimedia Computing
- Lewis Vickers, BSC (Hons) Multimedia Computing
- Ioana Stoicescu, BSC (Hons) Computer Science