The University of Westminster is home to over 20,000 students from 155 nations – and over 20% are interested in volunteering and work experience opportunities. Through their studies, Westminster students have developed specialist skills and knowledge that can benefit your third-sector organisation.
Who can advertise with us?
Not all organisations are eligible to advertise vacancies through our Volunteering Service. To feature volunteer vacancies as an accredited partner on Westminster’s CareerHub, your organisation should be:
- a third-sector organisation primarily committed to non-profit objectives and social benefit
- familiar and compliant with University terms and conditions, National Minimum Wage regulations, and distinctions between ‘volunteering’ and ‘voluntary work’ (see which opportunities are eligible)
- flexible and non-discriminatory in hiring policy
- up to date in key policy areas (such as health and safety and equal-opportunities)
- in possession of insurance cover for volunteers
- able to provide essential details on vacancies featured online
- able to induct, train and support volunteers during their role
- willing to offer feedback for students and the University
For more information on who can use our Volunteering Services, have a look at our terms and conditions.
If your organisation does not meet the above criteria, you may still be eligible to work alongside the Volunteering Service in other ways - just get in touch with us on +44 (0)20 3506 6112 or email Berekhet Berakhy at [email protected]
Watch our short introduction to our Volunteering Service
How we can help you
We advertise and facilitate volunteering, voluntary work and other vacancies with over 300 different organisations each year, harnessing a large and enthusiastic student population in the heart of London. Alongside this core service, we can help you in a number of areas to make the most of what Westminster has to offer.
With us you can:
- develop collaborative live projects for (and with) students
- access specific faculties of study and groups of students
- access our campuses through lunchtime sessions, fairs or partner-led training workshops
- instantly engage with students through a dedicated volunteering blog, e-news and email
- get support to organise events including one-off volunteering opportunities
- reach registered students rapidly through bulk email with information on volunteering opportunities
- get technical support when drafting job descriptions for volunteers
We are committed to inspiring the next generation of global citizens and leaders, helping students develop the skills and attributes that are invaluable to a global knowledge economy. By partnering with us, your organisation can play a pivotal role in raising up tomorrow’s leaders, harnessing students’ enthusiasm, energy and fresh ideas to make a real difference in your community.
Latest volunteering news
For the latest news about the University of Westminster's volunteering events and stories, read our Volunteering blog.
We are eager to develop mutually beneficial relationships with third-sector organisations and we try to avoid being rigid about how a partnership might look in practice. If you have ideas for partnership not described here, we would love to discuss and develop these with you.
To arrange a chat or share ideas and questions, please call us on +44 (0)20 3506 6112 or email Berekhet Berakhy at [email protected]