Prior to joining the University of Westminster in 1989, I worked as a salaried partner at Edwin Hill & Partners (now Altus Edwin Hill). Here I specialised in Development Land Tax valuations and negotiations.
From 1989 I worked as a senior lecturer at the University of Westminster delivering valuation and appraisal modules. I became course leader for BSc (Hons) Urban Estate Management and expanded the property portfolio to 4 Ug courses.
Since 2000 I have been Head of the Department of Property & Construction. My responsibilities in this role include:
- Line manager for all full time, fractional and part time staff within the Department (a total of approximately 50 people).
- Quality Assurance of courses (8 Ug; 6Pg; 4 Fd Degree) in line with University standards and regulations.
- Strategic planning and operational development
- Staff management, recruitment and development policies. Problems including equal opportunities, health and safety, disciplinary, grievance and complaints procedures including operation of the student disciplinary procedure.
- That all programmes meet professional body requirements.
I am a fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and anincororated member of the Chartered Institue of Arbitrators.
I am a fellow of the Higher Education Authority
I am a member of the President's (RICS) (quality assurance) panel for the assessment and re-assessment of arbitrators and independent experts.
I am vice chair of the Council Heads of Built Environment (CHOBE)
I am a committe member of the National University Liaison Officer for Women in Property:
I am an RICS and London School of Mediation, accredited mediator
I am an external examiner at the College of Estate Management and the university of Portsmouth. I have previous been an external examiner at Kingston University and Dublin Institute of Technology.