My education qualifications include the following:
- 2004 MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Social Studies, The Institute of Psychotherapy and Social Studies, London and London Metropolitan University.
- 2001 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Topic: Identity University of Keele.
- MA Organisational Analysis and Behaviour (International Variation). Pass with Distinction. The Management School, University of Lancaster. Included six months of study in French at the Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
- 1989 BA (Hons) French 2.1. University of Southampton. Included one year of study in French at the University of Avignon, France.
- 2002 Fellow, Higher Education Academy
My employment experiences prior to joining the University of Westminster include the following:
- 1990 - 1992 Organiser of International Management Development Programmes, INSEAD(International Management School), Fontainebleau, France.Involved taking overall responsibility for the smooth running of a selection of INSEAD's international management development programmes, which lasted between one and seven weeks and had up to 200 participants. This role involved liaising closely with major international companies to determine requirements, such as Apple Computer.
- 1989 - 1990 Private Secretary employed full-time by Barker Personnel Services, Southampton (Temporary Staffing Agency). Included temporary posts covering maternity leave to Director of Personnel P & O Cruises, and to Marketing Manager, BT.
- 1985-1987 Bi-Lingual Private Secretary to General Manager, South Coast Shipping Company (RMC), Southampton. Involved regular liaison with French companies.
Since 1993 to present:
Senior Lecturer in Behaviour in Organisations, University of Westminster
Current TEACHING experience
Module leader and teaching currently on two final year elective modules: 'Cultural Differences and People Management' and 'Psychological and Psychoanalytic Perspectives on Individuals and Groups'.
Shared module leader and teacher for first year students on 'Perspectives on Behaviour in Organisations' module (comprising approx 850 students)
Supervision of postgraduate (MA) student dissertations.
1995- 2000 Visiting Lecturer, The Management School, King's College, University of London.
ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
Course Leader of BA (Hons) European Management from 1995 - 2011. I was the person who developed the programme from initial contacts, carrying it through validation and into the marketplace. The course took students from partner institutions in Germany, Spain and France for two years onto a course which included studying two foreign languages and carrying out two 4 - 6 month work placements (one in the home country and one abroad). Students gained a dual award (BA Hons and a qualification from one of partner institutions). This role involved regular visits to France, Germany and Spain.
Member of United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists and the International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organisations.
2012 with Dr Rebecca Wang. Research study:
"Use of GradeMark to Improve Students' Learning Experience - Interacting with Feedback" Findings Presented at University Teaching and Learning Conference 2012.
'Metaphor in the Literature of Organisational Analysis: A Preliminary Taxonomy and a Glimpse at a Humanities-Based Perspective'. Organization, 9 (2), 2002
'Metaphor, Language and Meaning' (1998) (with Didier Cazal, University of Lille, France) in Discourse and Organisation, Eds: D. Grant, T. Keenoy and C. Oswick, London: Sage
'Metaphor in Organisation Theory: Following in the Footsteps of the Poet?' (1998) (with Philip Jones, University of Westminster) in Metaphor and Organisations, London: Sage
RECENT STAFF DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
Every year I undertake 30 hours continuing professional development as part of my UKCP membership and much of this feeds into my teaching and administration. In addition, I have taken part in various University-ran short courses to update skills. I have also acted as a reviewer for Oxford University Press for two recently published textbooks in my teaching areas.
Attendance at ISPSO conferences in Paris, Melbourne and Oxford.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.