Professor Harry Thapar is the Head of the School of Finance and Accounting at Westminster Business School. He joined the University of Westminster after having worked as a Treasurer and Manager in a major Japanese Citibank and as a Chief Markets Analyst/Strategist for a US company. He has over thirty years of combined experience in Financial Services and in HEIs. He has broad experience teaching on MBA and MSc Finance courses in the following speciality areas of finance, namely: FinTech, Corporate Finance (mergers and acquisitions), Wealth and Fund management and Risk Management, Financial Derivatives, Equity Portfolio Management, and Fixed Income securities.
* Professor of Finance and Banking University of Westminster
- PhD Brunel
- MBA (Finance), City University
- Certificate in Research Supervision, University of Westminster
- Chartered FCSI - Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Securities and Investments Institute
- Regular Member of the CFA Institute and the UK Society of Investment Professionals (UKSIP).
- FHEA, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- F.IoD. Fellow of the Institute of Directors
Consultancy and professional practice
He sits on PSRB bodies and offers financial consultancy services on portfolio management, capital markets, and trading. He was a senior reviewer of the Derivatives and Investments workbooks, as well as an author of a number of investment-related workbooks for the CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment).
Harry's areas of research interest are in FinTech, Portfolio management and derivatives. He is also keen to work with researchers in the following areas, namely: AI, FinTech applications in risk and fund management, and on the neural basis of investment decision-making under conditions of risk and uncertainty.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.