Shujie Shen is a Senior Lecturer in Quantitative Methods in the Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods (EQM). She was previously a Research Fellow in the Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds. She obtained her PhD at the University of Surrey. Before she came to the UK she also worked as a Lecturer in Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China for three years.
PhD, Univeristy of Surrey
MSc Economics, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China
BA Economics, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China
Consultancy and professional practice
Key consultancy projects involved in the last two years include:
- 2010: "Asset Management Service Levels Customer Consultation", funded by Highways Agency.
- 2010: "National Secondary Roads Needs Study", funded by National Roads Authority.
- 2009: "Concessionary Fares-Reimbursement of Bus Operators", funded by DfT.
- 2009: "Economic KPIs-Fully Allocated Costs & Marginal Costs", funded by RSSB.
Module leaders for Applied Business Statistics; Business Forecasting;
Module leaders for Research Methods; Managing Data;
Shujie's areas of interest and experience include:
- Econometric modelling and forecasting
- Demand analysis
- Economic impact analysis
- Cost analysis and modelling in Transportation
- Design and application of Stated Preference experiments
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.