I am a part-time Visiting Lecturer in Events at the University of Westminster.
An events industry practitioner for over twenty-five years, I am the Managing Director of The Business Narrative, an events and marketing consultancy based in London, United Kingdom, serving business, professional services and media clients.
A Fellow of both the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Royal Society of Arts, I judge event industry awards and regularly run masterclasses, training sessions, and speak at business events – I am passionate about educating the event professionals of the future.
Visiting Lecturer on MA Conference and Events Management and BA Tourism and Events Management / Tourism Planning and Management / Tourism with Business courses across a number of modules.
Visiting Lecturer on MA Conference and Events Management and BA Tourism and Events Management / Tourism Planning and Management / Tourism with Business courses.
- Principles of Event Management (level 4)
- Delivering Award and Reward Events (level 6)
- Conference and Events Planning (level 7)
I also mark coursework for these modules.
Lecture topics include:
- Strategic event planning
- Event planning models and frameworks
- Introduction to financial planning
- Event costings
- Sustainability and legacy – greening events
- Planning for social and economic outcomes
- Site selection – destination and venues
- Event logistics