Dr Ioannis Christodoulou joined Westminster Business School as a Senior Lecturer in Business Strategy in 2011. Ioannis gained his first degree in Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) in Management Science and Marketing. He then continued his studies, gaining a two-year MBA degree by AUEB and Budapest University of Economics and Public Administration, spending the second year of his studies mostly in Budapest. Ioannis began his PhD in Strategic Management (2004) in AUEB.
In 2005, he was accepted as a Lecturer in a UK university, where he taught several courses within the fields of Strategic Management, Marketing and International Business. Following his time Ioannis then went on to the Head of Corporate Development, organising conferences, presentations, business simulations, entrepreneurship games and managerial contests.
During this time he also worked also in the consulting industry in training executives in leadership, teamwork, crisis and complexity management. Ioannis's interest in the business environment led him to more entrepreneurial endeavours where he co-founded a corporate governance ratings company and became a partner in a consulting company for knowledge transfer and synthesis. His work within the public and private sectors led Ioannis to be a highly respected consultant in the field of management.
PhD Strategic Management, Athens University of Economics and Business
MBA, Athens University of Economics and Business - Budapest University of Economics and Public Administration
BSc Marketing and Management Science, Athens University of Economics and Business
European Academy of Management, Reviewer
British Academy of Management, Reviewer, Member
Cognitive Edge, Accredited Practitioner and Member
Presencing Institute, Member
Hellenic Association of Doctoral Researchers, Public Relations Representative (2004-2007), Member
MBA Alumni of Athens University of Economics and Business, Member
Greek Marketing Academy, Member
JADE HELLAS (Greek Federation of Junior Enterprises member of JADE EU), Programmes Developer (2005-2007), Member
Hellenic Institute of Marketing, Member
Hellenic Management Association, Member
Economic Chamber of Greece, Member
Consultancy and professional practice
Ioannis has worked as a Coordinator of Strategic Management and Business Policy Laboratory (Research Centre) for Athens University of Economics and Business
As Head of Corporate Development in his earlier academic UK post he proposed, developed and managed the following activities:
- "Career Days" events (linking students with companies, through organising days of interviews within the campus),
- "Business Symposium" event, (a three-day event that the best academic projects both from students and professors of the college were presented in workshops that related companies participated through panel discussions),
- "Modus Vivendi" Business Student Competition, (a real-life business game for students with Business Sponsors, linking academia with industry),
- "On Site" and "Business Trip" events (visits of groups of students inside the companies along with tours and speeches by CEO's), and finally the
- "Business Voice" events (seminars and tutorials by top executives that accepted the invitation to visit the campus and deliver a speech, seminar or tutorial of a topic from the contemporary business life to students and guests.
Ioannis also worked as a Programme Leader for Executive Consulting and Training programmes and was a member of Total Quality Team (TQT) for validations, reviews, exam boards, academic panels, in his previous University post.
He has also served as Communication and Promotion Representative for Hellenic Association of Doctorates Researchers - Hel.As.D.R. with the following responsibilities:
- Promotion and Marketing of the work of Hel.As.D.R. to Greek doctorate researchers both in Greek and Foreign Universities.
- Organisation of mini conferences and events to promote the work of young researchers and develop the newsletter of the association.
- Representation of the Greek Doctorate Researchers and Greece in European Conferences organised by the EU and EURODOC (The European Council of PhD Candidates and Junior Researchers): "Bologna Seminar on Doctoral Programs for the European Knowledge Society" in Salzburg/Austria 3-5 Feb 2005 by EU, "EURODOC's Annual Meeting" Bologna/Italy 9-12 Mar 2006, "Doctoral Programmes in Europe" Nice/France 7/9 Dec 2006 by EU
ORGANISATION OF CONFERENCES
Executive member in the organising committees of:
- '4th Annual Conference of European Doctoral Researchers - EURODOC (The European Council of PhD Candidates and Junior Researchers)', Athens University of Economics and Business, 18-21 March 2004.
- 'Career Show', Athens University of Economics and Business, 2003-2006.
- 'Expressions of Managerial Thought', Delphi & Patra, 2003 - 2006.
- 'Money Show', Various Institutions and Greek Universities - representative of Athens University of Economics and Business, 2006-2008.
- 'Career Days', University of Hertfordshire - Campus of IST College, 2006-2011.
- 'Business Symposium', University of Hertfordshire - Campus of IST College, 2010-today.
Ioannis is teaching all aspects of Strategic Management such as: Business and Corporate Strategy, Strategic Decission Making, Strategic Management Perspectives, Foundations of Strategy, Business Policy, Strategy and Innovation. Moreover, he has taught a variety of related subjects of marketing, international business and management.
Apart from teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, Ioannis is also an executives training/accredited practioner by Cognitive Edge in Complexity and Chaos Management, Leadership, Crisis and Conflict Management.