2002 PhD in Computation, awarded by UMIST & Victoria University of Manchester
2009 DSc awarded by BAS, Doctor of Technical Sciences- DSc, scientific subject “Systems with Artificial Intelligence”
Dr Panos Chountas research reputation focus in the area of Data and Knowledge Engineering, Intelligent Systems and their application to Business and Public organisationS for the purposes of maximising business profitability and achieving more efficient and proactive process management . To this end my research is focused on the following areas; Business Intelligence; Big Data Analytics; Health Informatics; Large Databases and Big Data Repositories; Digital Media Storage Architectures. Dr Panos Chountas has been supported by the Royal society and Technology Strategy Board.
- Chaired the 12th International Conference on Flexible Query Answering Systems FQAS 2017.
- Chaired the IEEE-Intelligent Systems 2006 (IEEE-IS'2006) & (IEEE IS 2010).
- I am a member of the EUSFLAT working Group on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets: Theory, Applications and Related Topics (IFSTART) Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets and Systems
- See my DBLP Record
- I have published or have been accepted for publication more than 100 Refereed papers.
- 30 publications in the Web of Knowledge (formerly known as Web of Science)
- 18 publications in the ACM Guide to Computing Literature.
- 17 publications in the IEEE Digital Library.
- 50 publications in the Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies for DataBase systems and Logic Programming (DBLP).
- 10 publications in Zentralblatt für Mathematik.
- Authored 3 Books.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.