- Professional Member, Royal Institute of British Architects (2001- Present)
- Registered Architect, Architect’s Registration Board (2001- Present)
- Chartered Practice Member
- Royal Institute of British Architects (2009- 2012)
- RIBA Validation Panel Member (2007-2011)
I have worked in architecture as an employee, a freelancer, a partner, a company director and now as a sole practitioner http://www.scottbattyarchitect.com/
I have been involved in teaching architecture since 2005.
I interview A-level students applying for a university place to study architecture, Part 3 students in their final ever step within architectural education and have taught at all stages in between.
In architectural practice I have worked as an employee, a sole practitioner, a partner, a director and now a sole practitioner once again; successfully combining practice with building, teaching and academic research.
I believe Architecture is a learning profession and I teach to learn too.
- The School of Architecture and Built Environment, University of Westminster (2007-present)
- Year 2 Degree Technical Module leader
- Across the School, Technical Tutor
- Part 3 Professional Studies Tutor, Examiner
- Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London through years 1-3 (2007-2016)
I worked as a project architect for leading London practice (AHMM) before establishing and running my own office (HÛT) for 10 years.
I currently combine architectural projects as a sole practitioner with teaching.
My current research addresses the changing role of the architect and the role of the construction drawing as a means of communicating with builders.