Team Up, an organisation focused on transforming the prospects of young people at school and university, is inviting you to join their Rising Leaders programme and help them to tackle educational disadvantage.
As a Rising Leader you'll tutor a small group of local secondary school pupils in GCSE English, Maths or Science, giving an hour and a half of your time each week towards improving their grades and inspiring their minds!
In addition, you'll gain a leadership development qualification alongside your degree. This accredited qualification - run in collaboration with top graduate employers - consists of training in competencies such as leadership, project management and communication.
To join the programme you'll need to be available to teach at one of the following locations:
School: Preston Manor School, Wembley
- Subjects: GCSE Maths or English
- Tuition days: You must be available on Monday afternoons (English) or Wednesday afternoons (Maths). Tuition sessions will be weekly between 3:20pm and 4:50pm
School: London Nautical School, Waterloo
- Subjects: GCSE English, Maths or Science
- Tuition days: You must be available on Tuesday (English or Maths) or Thursday (Science) afternoons. Tuition sessions will be weekly between 3:45pm and 5:15pm.
School: London Academy, Edgware
- Subjects: GCSE/pre-GCSE English, Maths or Science
- Tuition days: You must be available on either Tuesday or Thursday afternoon. Tuition sessions will be weekly between 3:30pm and 5pm.
The programme is open to all students - undergraduates and postgraduates. If you think you have what it takes to become a Rising Leader and want to receive the training and tools to inspire a new generation of leaders, find out more about the programme on the Team Up website.