A one-day conference organised by University of Westminster Professor of Photography David Bate in collaboration with the Science Museum
The event has international speakers who will address the question of the role of photography in establishing truth and fiction in the contemporary world.
- David Bate, Professor of Photography, University of Westminster
- Mia Fineman, critic and curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- Cristina de Middel, artist of the acclaimed series 'The Afronauts'
- Lucy Soutter, author of 'Why Art Photography?' (Routledge, 2013)
- Peter Kennard, photomontage artist, tutor at the Royal College of Art
- Federica Chiocchetti, curator and founder of the platform Photocaptionist.com
The event accompanies the exhibition of Stranger Than Fiction by Joan Fontcuberta.