Part of the Westminster Welcome Festival, this event is exclusively for our new students.
Research suggests that only 3.5% of students disclose mental health difficulties to their university, but 75% of students who are struggling disclose to their friends. This shows that friends can play a key role in supporting each other’s mental health. That’s why we’re running free online Look After Your Mate workshops every month for all students.
What will it cover?
- how to spot warning signs
- practical tips to support a mate
- how to signpost to the right services
- setting your own boundaries
What will you gain?
- confidence to support your mates
- knowledge of services available
- understanding of how to support your own wellbeing
- enhanced employability through transferrable skills eg communication and reflective listening skills
If you’re interested in attending the training, register here to be emailed about future dates.
For more information, email [email protected].