We need students to help the Academic Learning Development Centre in delivering and supporting our induction process for first year students in the Faculty of Science and Technology (in particular Biomedical Science students) and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities (particularly Law students).
As one of our volunteers, you'll help us by:
- supporting the Academic Skills Adviser in skills workshops
- discussing your experience of being a student with other students
- leading discussion groups around the challenges of being a student
What will I gain?
By taking part, you'll:
- receive training in presentational skills
- get skills that employers are interested in
- gain University recognition
- have the opportunity to meet a range of people
How long will I have to commit for?
The induction will be a year-long process, and you'll need to be committed to an initial training programme of four hours and then six two-hour sessions across the year.
To apply, get in touch with Shahzeena, at [email protected]