You need to be:
- A second or third year student
- Interested in supporting first year students
- Able to work as part of a team
- Committed to six evening sessions during the year (two hours long)
- Available for training WIN 23rd and 24th September, 5-7pm (Disability Advisers will be available between 7-8pm to answer any questions) in 101, New Cavendish Street, Cavendish House, First floor
If you are interested in buddying or mentoring, please contact Shahzeena Ahmad on [email protected] you would need to be CRB checked for working with vulnerable adults.
WIN is an extended framework of support for students with disabilities. Learning Support, with the help of trained PALS (peer assisted learning: second and third year students, who are studying in the same faculty), will offer sessions built around the emotional and skills needs of students, to support them with their programme.
At the moment, it is offered to first year students only, but might be developed in the future to support all years and levels of study. The framework of support will be very flexible and adaptable to the needs of each Faculty.