Academic Learning Development Westminster Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Skills Facilitator Training
What is PAL?
PAL is a scheme whereby student volunteers assist groups of students to learn generic study skills.
What do Skills Facilitators do?
Skills Facilitators are trained by the Learning Development Team to provide student-led academic skills support to students.
What is the PAL scheme?
It will consist of three two-hour sessions where the Skills Facilitators will assist in the following:
- Getting ready to study at university
- Writing assignments at university
- Revision: strategies for your exams
What can you expect from us?
- A friendly, professional and stimulating working environment
- Comprehensive training and support
- Two-hour introduction and taster session
- Two full days of training
- Support before each session
- Debrief after each session
- Opportunity to be observed and receive feedback
What is in it for you?
- Professional training to develop your presentational, communication and teaching skills
- You will develop your own Academic Skills
- You will develop skills that employers are looking for
- Recognition from the University
Please contact Shahzeena Ahmad for further information: [email protected]. The deadline for volunteering is 26 August.