Bright Ideas is a competition organised by the WestFocus collaboration - a consortium of universities, including the University of Westminster, focused on entrepreneurship education and business creation.
Join this challenge and you'll be able to:
- have your proposal evaluated by a panel of entrepreneurial experts
- get hands-on experience on starting an enterprise
- receive a free membership of the WestFocus Entrepreneurship Centre and meet other entrepreneurs
- learn about how to develop convincing proposals through a few free workshops which will run during the competition period
If you win, you could receive a £1,000 prize!
How to enter
You don't need any formal business knowledge or experience to apply and you can enter the competition as an individual once or as part of one or more teams of up to 6 members.
There's no limit to the number of teams you may be a member of and you or your team can enter ideas such as:
- a new company, service or product
- a social enterprise, project or service
- a better way of presenting, creating or delivering existing products or services
To apply, download the application form available on the WestFocus website and submit it by 5pm on 12 December 2013.
You can also watch interviews with previous winners on YouTube.
Once you submit your form, a panel of possible investors, academics, and business development experts will assess your ideas.
If your idea is shortlisted, you'll be invited to attend a prize-giving event in January 2014, when you'll find out if you have won any prizes. There are seven prizes of £1,000 and 16 prizes of £250 available.
If your name or team name is called out as a winner, then you'll need to walk up on stage and deliver a one-minute elevator pitch.