The Student Ambassador Scheme supports the Outreach Team with Student Recruitment and Widening Participation activity, such as:
- Helping at undergraduate and postgraduate Open Days
- Taking groups of prospective students on Campus Tours
- Helping at Applicant Days (for prospective students who have received an offer)
- Higher Education Fairs at local schools and colleges
- Delivering presentations to pupils at local schools and colleges on topics relating to Higher Education
- Hosting school group visits to the University
The role of Student Ambassador is very diverse and we are looking for students who are able to work well both as a representative promoting the University of Westminster, and who can also engage with pupils aged between 14 and 21 years to promote Higher Education in general. Ambassadors should act as positive role models, sharing their experience and knowledge.
The work is ad-hoc and Student Ambassadors do not have regular hours. The Outreach Team’s peak period of activity is September-October, March-April and June-July. You will be expected to work at the main undergraduate and postgraduate Open Days (full dates will be provided at the training session).
Student Ambassadors are paid at a rate of £7 per hour.
If you are interested in applying, further information and an application form can be found by following this link http://westminster.ac.uk/home/students/student-ambassadors Please note that the application deadline is Monday 26 September at 5pm.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Miss Jennifer Rich
Outreach Assistant and Ambassador Coordinator
Marketing, Communications & Development
Second Floor, Cavendish House
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
Tel: +44(0)207 911 5000 (ext 66251)
Internal Tel: 66251
Mobile Shortdial: 1313
Fax: +44(0)20 7911 5788
E-mail: [email protected]