- The number of turnstiles at 115 New Cavendish Street will be doubled to six. This is to cope with additional staff and student numbers expected to use the building following the relocation of the Psychology department to New Cavendish Campus. We expect the works to be finished in September 2014.
- The Copland Building is now known as the Clipstone Building.
- Fire door replacement works have commenced and are due for completion in August 2014.
The following work at Harrow is due to be delivered in stages from September 2014 through June 2015:
- updating furniture in the Garden room café
- landscaping to the J block courtyard
- creation of a Mock Shop and flexible project space in E block
- replacement of the entry and exit doors and replacement of the Tensile roof structure connecting F Block to the street
- acoustic treatment to the lower ground floor of A block
- installation of additional seating in the auditorium
Little Titchfield Street
The two lifts at Little Titchfield Street will be replaced during the next few months. These lifts will be taken out of use one after the other to keep disruption to a minimum. Both lifts should be fully operational by December 2014.
- FAB Lab West creation, as well as associated workshops and offices (PhD study space on the Podium and the old Intermission on the sub-podium).
- Digital Studios (4th and 5th floors) digital trunking installation. The Podium level lab will be in place by September 2014 while the sub-podium level will be completed by October 2014.
- Complete library refurbishment, 2nd and 3rd floors, creating new study booths and group study spaces.
- Curtain walling replacement on the north and south side of the library.
- Stairwell upgrade from the ground floor to the 3rd floor of the library.
- The ongoing 1st floor library refurbishment will be completed by the end of September 2014.
Regent Street Cinema
The Regent Street Cinema project involves the restoration of the Cinema at Regent Street, returning the interior to its former glory and evoking its 19th century origins while looking to the future as a state-of-the-art auditorium. The new cinema will open in April 2015.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.