Twenty-five books in total made the shortlist this year, with five books entered for awards in each of the following five categories:
- The Practical Manager
- The New Manager
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- The Commuter's Read
- Management and Leadership Textbook
Andrew Summers is joined on the judging panel by:
- Chris Roebuck - Visiting Professor at Cass Business School
- Dame Mary Marsh DBE - former Chief Executive of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
- Patrick Dunne - Visiting Professor at Cranfield School of Management
- Diane Lees - Director-General of the Imperial War Museum.
Judges will choose five category winners and one overall winner, who'll receive the prestigious Management Book of the Year title plus a £5,000 cash prize. This year's ceremony will take place at the British Library Conference Centre on 3 February 2014.