International Students House, a charity founded in 1965, offers a range of services to aid and develop students while they are studying in London. The house is located in zone 1, close to Great Portland Street tube station.
As a student of University of Westminster you are entitled to use the services and facilities at ISH and attend the free events that take place. To gain access to ISH you will simply need to show your University of Westminster identity card upon arrival.
ISH offers the following services:
- A low cost bar where you can meet other students. The bar has entertainment and activities most nights of the week
- A welfare service; you can book an appointment to visit the welfare officer at ISH
- The Theatre Club: You can buy discounted tickets for trips to the theatre from the Events Office at ISH. These theatre tickets are subsidised by ISH by up to 50% and you will attend the show with other students. A perfect way to make some theatre loving friends.
- The Travel Club: This club offers discounted trips to destinations in the UK and Europe. Trips are subsidised by up to 50%. The Travel Club is the perfect way to explore the UK and Europe and meet some new friends.
- Free Sunday cinema: Every Sunday at 7.30pm ISH shows a new film. No need to book.
- Free Sunday table tennis: Every Sunday afternoon at ISH they play table tennis. All are welcome.
- Free to attend events: ISH organises a range of events throughout the whole year. These range from cultural awareness evenings, lectures, debates to fun activities.
- Access to the ISH fitness studio: There is a small fee for classes.
How do I stay informed?
To find out more about International Student House visit their website.
To find out more about upcoming events, Travel Club trips, Theatre Club trips and to sign up for the newsletter visit ISH Events.
If you have any questions about ISH don’t hesitate to contact them directly at [email protected]
If you would like to be updated on Student Affairs news & events please "like" the Student Affairs facebook page.
Student Affairs consist on the following services: Student Advice, International Student Advice, Student Funding & Scholarships, Career Development Centre, Learning Support, Counselling, Student Health, Faith & Spirituality, Complaints and Education Abroad (exchanges).
Our Student Affairs Hub is located in Cavendish House (1st Floor), 101 New Cavendish Street and we have a second Student Affairs office in Harrow.