The architects have produced a design which is appropriate for a media, art and design learning environment. We know you value quiet and silent study space, so the new floor layout will reflect this. New furniture will provide a contemporary and stylish atmosphere with comfortable seating, improved lighting levels and IT facilities brought together in a more convenient arrangement.
To accommodate the building works, the second floor will close from Friday 22 May. The work is due to be completed by Monday 14 September. During the work, the following changes will take place:
- The second floor collection may be temporarily inaccessible between 22–25 May. You are therefore advised to reserve and collect books, DVDs and journals from this collection before 22 May. If you need further help you should ask a member of library staff for assistance. This collection will then be available from the ground and first floors throughout the summer from Tuesday 26 May. Once the refurbishment is complete, the collection will return to the second floor.
- The audio-visual equipment loan service has moved from the second floor to one of the group study rooms on the first floor.
- Extended vacation loans will be available a week earlier than usual, from Monday 18 May.
- You may borrow more than 15 books from the library counter starting Monday 18 May.
- The second floor book shelving will displace much of the first floor furniture, so study space will be limited and there may be dust and noise at times. Library staff can advise you about alternative study spaces, and other changes to library services.
Further updates will be available throughout the summer, using email, Twitter and Facebook. Details are also available at westminster.ac.uk/harrow-library, and regular updates will be posted on the project's Google site.
For further queries, please contact:
Sally Bannard, Site Library Services Manager, [email protected]
Eleri Kyffin, Senior Academic Liaison Librarian, [email protected]
Elaine Salter, Library Services Manager, [email protected]