- Refrain from any high-risk activities, ie working with flammable materials or substances
- Familiarise yourself with all escape routes and exits as well as the location of your assembly point.
- If you detect a fire press the manual call point immediately to raise the alarm and call 5555 (on Campus) or 999 (Halls or Chiswick) and contact Security (you will receive a fire service response)
- If you hear the alarm sound leave the premises immediately by the nearest Exit point encouraging others as you leave and obey Fire Marshal instructions
- Do not use the lifts
- Do not re-enter the building until authorised to do so by Security or any Fire Officer in attendance
The Fire Brigade have confirmed they will be taking strike action on Wednesday 25 September, 12-4pm.
Staff and students are encouraged to take extra care during this time.