What is it?
The International Summit of Cooperatives is a biennial gathering, where leaders get together to discuss their concerns about the current and future business challenges they all share.
This year, the event will address 5 themes:
- developing cooperative and mutual enterprises
- economics, financing, and capitalisation
- food security
- health and social care services
Young Leaders programme
This Summit will also have special activities organised for young leaders, and it will offer you the opportunity to interact with world-renowned speakers and representatives of major international organisations, such as the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, the World Health Organisation and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
This is also a chance for you to:
- find out about the practices of the world’s top cooperatives
- learn the findings of studies about different sectors
- gain a perspective on the international cooperative movement
The programme includes:
- special access to the Young Leaders opening cocktail reception
- exclusive invitations to 3 lectures featuring renowned speakers
- possibility of being selected as a speaker
- membership in a global community of young cooperative leaders
- access to all summit activities
- active role in discussions
- networking events
Registration fees and bursaries
The registration fee for the event is C$900. However, the Desjardins Foundation is offering five bursaries to cover this fee.
Deadline for applications for bursaries: Monday 8 September.
Download the call for applications to find out more about the winner selection criteria.