Taking place on Monday evenings (18:00-21:00 hrs) and spanning 8-weeks, this course will be tutored by Lulu Levay - former deputy editor of monthly fanzine Sleazenation and freelance feature writer for The Face, i-D, Jockey Slut, Xray, the Guardian Guide, The Independent on Sunday, The Evening Standard and the Observer and aims to bring back into the media and music industries a wave of new talent whom will not only boast a polished and enviable tool box of skills - but also a 360-degree view of music journalism within an industry context.
In addition to unique module content, this course also offers:
- an impressive selection of guest industry speakers: Hot Chip’s Joe Goddard ; Rob da Bank – Bestival Founder & Radio 1 DJ; Briana Dougherty, Head of Press, Atlantic Records UK, Jenny Cameron, Reviews Editor & Mojo. PLUS...a special guest artist to be revealed!
- media partners who guarantee to publish the best writers at the end of the course;
- free access to a gig for review purposes (module 7), details tbc;
Interested? Applicants are requested to submit a 250-word review (release or gig) OR a similar length paragraph explaining why they wish to take part in the course and what they hope to get out of it.
Submit your piece here (please put 'Words Up' in the subject title)
Dates & Times: Mon nights - Oct 11, 18, 25 & Nov 01, 08, 15, 22 & 29.
All sessions 18.00 - 21.00 hrs
Cost: £449 MusicTank members | £479 Industry trade bodies | £499 Standard (course is VAT-exempt), PLUS the following Special Offers...
* MUSIC 4.5 SUBSCRIBERS – save £40 on the full price ticket of £499 (cheaper than our Early Bird rate)…use promo code 4.5WordUp10 when booking and ONLY select the full price option:
* BUY 1 AND GET [email protected] 20% OFF! - Book by Fri Sept 17 to take advantage of this offer. Book with a mate and split the difference for a greater saving! This offer is based on the full price of £499 only. To take advantage of this offer, email mailto:[email protected]