One-day Symposium organised by GWACS, The Institute for Advanced Studies, and the Alumni Foundation at the University of Bristol.
- Santanu Das, St John’s College Cambridge, “‘Oh! I love the British Tommy!’: Service and intimacy in First World War Nurses’ Memoirs
- Alison Fell, Queen’s College Oxford, “Beyond the Pleasure Principle: war and trauma in Colette’s Chéri and La Fin de Chéri”
- Julie Gottlieb, University of Bristol, “Women and Foreign Policy in Inter-war Britain”
- Martin Conway, (Balliol College Oxford, “The Victory of Womenism? The experience of Belgian women during the Second World War”
- Gareth Pritchard, Swansea University, “German Women in 1945”
- Iselin Theien, Institute for Social Research Oslo and St Hilda’s College Oxford, “Back to normal? Women consumers in the aftermath of the Second World War in Norway”
- Zoe Waxman, Mansfield College Oxford, “Gendering the Holocaust: the politics of representing women’s testimonies”