A one-day symposium at the University of Bristol, co-organised with the Conflict Culture Study Group.
- Scott Soo (Southampton): ‘A Vision of Defeat? Spanish Republicans and the Onset of Exile in the southwest of France’
- Rajendra Chitnis (Bristol): ‘Re-evaluating Bohemia’s 1620 defeat: the case of Jaroslav Durych’s Wallenstein trilogies’
- Hanna Diamond (Bath): ‘Visions of the Exodus in France 1940’
- Francis Graham-Dixon (Sussex): ‘Civilising the Germans: British occupation policy and the refugee crisis 1944-49’
- Mike Basker (Bristol): ‘Defeat as Victory: fictional representations of the Russian Civil War’.