How to Become a Project Management Leader - Susanne Madsen
For project managers to be successful at navigating and delivering the increasingly complex projects, not only must they be good at managing events, processes and resources, they must also be excellent at leading people and at building relationships at all levels.
Project managers must fully embrace the project’s vision and set a great example for others to follow. They must have drive, confidence and attitude and have the ability to lead the team to success through their vision and engagement.
But how do project managers become all of this? How do they become project leaders?
Susanne Madsen, a published author, public speaker, project manager, mentor, and coach with over 15 years of experience in managing and rolling out major change programmes will guide us through the journey from being project managers to becoming project leaders.
Susanne is a PRINCE2 and MSP practitioner and holds several qualifications in the area of personal performance and corporate and executive coaching. Her recent book, The Project Management Coaching Workbook – Six Steps to Unleashing Your Potential, is a direct result of Susanne’s project management coaching work over the years.
- Introduction - It's all about working smarter rather than harder
- Who am I
- Differences between management and leadership
- The Project Leadership Matrix - 4 different ways of operating
- The VIP model - How to become a project management leader
- Lead with Vision - Challenge the Status Quo
- Work with Intent - The Time Management Triangle
- Connect with People - Adaptive Leadership & Stakeholder management
- How to apply the VIP model - Take Action & Expand your Comfort Zone
- Final Challenge - Ask for Feedback
- Access Free Project Management Resources on www.susannemadsen.com
- Questions and Answers