This event will be streamed live.
Download the prospectus document for the event (PDF format). Please could all persons attending the event or watching the live stream read this prospectus before the event.
The Centre for the Study of Law, Society and Popular Culture is delighted to announce this unique event, the brainchild of Robert Allan, Research Fellow of the Centre, and long time collaborator with Westminster Law School.
Robert has gathered together the entertainment law 'dream team’ - there is no more prestigious and knowledgeable team in this area of law that could have been assembled. All of the participants have worked with each other over many years on transactions totalling billions of dollars, and Westminster Law School is thrilled to be able to host them for this groundbreaking event.
The panellists are, in order of appearance:
- Fred Wistow, formerly Executive Vice President and Chief General Counsel of Time Warner’s Music Group
- Evan Medow, originally a US attorney and then - having been General Counsel at A&M’s publishing division - the CEO of Windswept Pacific Music
- Chris Ancliff is General Counsel (International) Warner Music Group and was formerly Chief General Counsel at EMI
- John Frankenheimer is the current co-chair at the prestigious law firm of Loeb & Loeb in Los Angeles and is the doyen of music corporate practitioners
- Charles Bradbrook, senior partner at the accountancy practice SRLV and formally head of the media practice of Deloittes
- Robert Allan can justifiably lay claim to being one of the very first (if not the first) UK entertainment lawyers. He has had a substantial client list and brings a wealth of experience
The event will take the format of a negotiation with the panellists taking on specific roles as follows: Fred will be the moderator, Evan will have a dual role as both seller and seller’s Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) counsel, Chris will be the buyer. John will be the buyer’s M&A counsel, Charles will undertake financial due diligence and may have to offer tax advice to the buyer and Robert will undertake copyright and contractual due diligence.