A day of inspiring speakers, panellists and workshops for Muslim and Jewish women.
The day will include:
- Keynote Speaker: Reverend Rose Hudson-Wilkin, Chaplain to the Speaker of the House of Commons, and Chaplain to the Queen
- Plenary session on anti-Muslim hatred and anti-Semitism with Iman Abou Atta of Tell Mama and Amanda Bomsztyk of the CST, chaired by Julie Siddiqi
- Panel discussion featuring Rabbi Debbie Young-Somers and Roohi Hasan, ITN producer, and chaired by Laura Marks
Ten different workshops all co-presented by a Muslim and Jewish women, including:
- Journalist Remona Aly and Dina Brawer, of JOFA UK, speaking about The Modesty Revolution: politics and fashion in the 21st century
- A session on Working with Faith Institutions with Leonie Lewis, Director of JVN and Ifath Nawaz, co-chair of Faiths Forum for London
- Suma Din, author of ‘Muslim Mothers and their Children’s Schooling‘ and Rachel Fink, headmistress of the Hasmonean Girls School, speaking about education
- A scriptural reasoning workshop led by Nadiya Takolia, of the Cambridge Inter-Faith programme and Lindsey Taylor-Guthartz
- A session on Community Organising led by Jemma Levene of Hope Not Hate and Esmat Jeraj of Citizens UK
- ‘Peering beyond the Horizon’: a workshop about having culturally sensitive conversations, led by Sarah Anticoni and Dr Zaza Al-Sheikh and more.
The day will also feature a creative project led by Debbie Danon and Yasmeen Akhtar, of 3FF, a performance by Alyth Youth Singers, gentle yoga with Zahrah Awaleh, and an address by Nisa-Nashim founders and co-chairs, Laura Marks and Julie Siddiqi.
It is going to be a wonderful day, a chance to learn, make new friends and to find out more about the important work we are doing, vital now, more than ever.
To request promotional Eventbrite code please email Andrea Montalvo at [email protected].