Conference organised by the Arab Media Centre
Communication and Media Research Institute (CAMRI),
It is two years since the world witnessed millions of Arabs march, strike, struggle and fight to get rid of their repressive regimes. The revolutionary uprisings are on-going and difficult but did succeed in disrupting scholarly tendencies to essentialise the Middle East and reclaiming people’s agency as a key factor in revolutionary change.
This conference benefits from and further pushes that disruption by reflecting critically on the politics of the media as well as the online-offline dialectics of:
- Revolutionary media processes
- Post-revolutionary challenges and struggles
- Theoretical reinventions in media studies
- Practical interventions in technological mediation
- Trans-regional reporting of the revolutions
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
The registration fee of £99 (concessionary rate of £49 for students) for this one-day conference (9:30-19:00) covers all conference documentation, refreshments and administration costs.