Event organised by the Panos Paris Institute, in collaboration with the Arab Media Centre
University of Westminster
Regent Street Campus
309 Regent Street
The Arab Media Centre will host a presentation and a debate on the future for media representations of cultural diversity, followed by a reception.
This event will mark the publication of a study entitled “Media and Cultural Diversity in Europe and North America”, conducted by the Panos Paris Institute, edited by Claire Frachon and coordinated by Virginie Sassoon, and published by Karthala.
- What are the study’s most significant findings?
- What innovative actions and best practices does it highlight?
- What prospects does it see for the future?
A panel of contributors to the study will discuss these and other questions with an audience of journalists and media practioners, policy makers, academics, activists and concerned observers. All are welcome.
- Mukti Jain Campion (UK), Author and producer, Culture Wise
- Claire Frachon (France), Journalist and European media consultant
- Myria Georgiou (UK), Department of Media and Communications, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Alec G. Hargreaves (USA), Director, Winthrop-King Institute for Contemporary French and Francophone Studies, Florida State University
• Tarik Sabry, Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication Theory, University of Westminster
To secure your place at this event, please RSVP to Gabrielle Beyl at:
[email protected] Please confirm before November 16th
For further information about this publication please contact:
Institut Panos Paris
10, rue du Mail – 75002 Paris
Tel: +33 1 40 41 05 50
Fax: +33 1 40 41 03 30
Email: [email protected]
Event organised with the support of the Open Society Foundation Media Program.