The Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) and Centre for the Studies of Democracy (CSD) at the University of Westminster are pleased to host the annual London Conference in Critical Thought 2018 (LCCT).
LCCT is a free annual conference, which offers a space for an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas for scholars who work with critical traditions and concerns but frequently find themselves at the margins of their department or discipline.
Central to the vision of the conference is an inter-institutional, non-hierarchical, and accessible event, embracing emergent thought and fostering new avenues for critically-oriented scholarship and collaboration.
Some of this year thematic streams include:
- Art and Automation
- Capital, Event, and Agency (1968-2018)
- Disruptions, Interventions and Liminalities: Critical Performative Pedagogies
- Infrastructure, “Infrapolitics” and Experimentation
- Politics of/in the Anthropocene
- Resistant Bodies
- Taking Positions
- The Politics of Truth
- Thinking Affect and Postcoloniality Together
- Writing to Think
The event will take place from Friday 29 and Saturday 30 June, with a reception and book launch on Friday evening at 5.30pm.