We're holding this year's British Universities Industrial Relations Association (BUIRA) Annual Conference in our Marylebone Campus, located in central London.
This year's theme
This conference will discuss aspects of work, employment and industrial relations, bringing contributions from a range of disciplines that reflect on the experiences and conditions of workers in today’s rapidly changing labour markets.
Who's it for?
The event is for all BUIRA members and non-members, who are academics or students working in industrial relations, labour law, labour economics, human resource or personnel management, industrial sociology, occupational psychology, trade union studies and labour history.
Conference papers and abstracts
Delegates will be given a printed copy of these during the conference. If your paper has already been accepted, please send the full document to Maryana Semenyuk at [email protected].
Full papers will be posted here in the week of 16 June 2014.
On Wednesday 25 June, we'll have dinner at the Turkish restaurant Ishtar, which offers brilliantly executed Mediterranean dishes in the heart of Baker Street.
Official conference dinner
Our official conference dinner will be at the London Canal Museum. The museum is easily reached by bus from our Marylebone Campus but we'll also offer the option of a ‘walking train’ to the meal through Regent’s Park and then along Regents Canal, where the museum is located.
The London Klezmer Quartet will play for us at the Canal Museum.
- 3-day conference + meals and refreshments: £210
- Day one or three + meals and refreshments: £80
- Day two only: £90
- Day two only + conference dinner : £120
- No fees (please note that you still need to register and book your accommodation if needed)
- 3-day conference + meals and refreshments: £250
- Day one or three + meals and refreshments (including a year's membership): £100
- Day two only: £100
- Day two only + conference dinner : £130
- 3-day conference + meals and refreshments: £250
- Day one or three + meals and refreshments (including a year's membership): £120
- Day two only: £110
- Day two only + conference dinner: £140
- 3-day conference + meals and refreshments: £150
Westminster Business School is one of the largest centres for business and management education in the UK with over 4,500 students. We have an international and diverse population of students and staff.
We're positioned as a professional business school with an emphasis on teaching, building external commercial links, partnerships and applied research.
Our central London location, on Marylebone Road right opposite Madame Tussauds and next to Baker Street tube station, is easily accessible.
We're particularly strong at leadership and people skills’ teaching and we were a Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD) Centre of Excellence until 2011, when the CIPD ended their use of the accolade.
Our research is based within departments and within research centres. Much of the work undertaken in our research centres was recognised by the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) as either ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world leading’.
Our Marylebone Hall, located in our Marylebone Campus, is a 21-storey building offering single standard, single premier and twin en-suite rooms with built-in wardrobes, plenty of storage, and a safe in every room. Each floor has two fully equipped kitchen/diners, and there's a lounge area on the ground floor with a TV, computer games and a pool table.
We're offering BUIRA delegates a discounted rate for bed and continental breakfast.
- single standard en-suite: £57.85 per night
- single Premier en-suite: £66.20 per night
- twin en-suite: £91.05 per night
To book, please enter your dates of stay and number of guests, as well as the discount code BUIRA2014. You'll be shown availability at all of our halls, but please note that the conference will take place in our Marylebone Campus.
Please select the number of rooms required and progress to the payment pages. If you need to cancel or amend your booking at any time visit /business/summer-accommodation/online-booking.
***The discount code is also valid if you want to stay a few days before or after the conference.
There's also a wide selection of accommodation around our Marylebone Campus, including:
- IBIS, Euston - £121 per night
- 146 Suites, Marylebone - £85 per night
- Belvedere Hotel, Paddington - £150 per night
- Berkeley Court Hotel, Baker Street - £85 per night
- Blandford Hotel, Baker Street - £266 per night
- Dolphin-Inn, Paddington - £158 per night
- Grange Hotels, Great Portland Street - £162 per night
- Hamiltons Hotel, Paddington - £180 per night
- Hotel La Place, Baker Street - £104 per night
- London Central Euston Hotel, Euston - £121 per night
- Pacific Hotel, Paddington - £161 per night
- Park Plaza, Marylebone - £183 per night
- Pavilion Hotel, Edgware Road - £110 per night
- Premier Inn, King's Cross - £348 per night
- Regency Hotel BandB, Baker Street - £110 per night
- Somerset Hotel, Marylebone - £85 per night
- St George Hotel, Paddington - £140 per night
- The Hallam, Regents Park - £158 per night
- Schafer House, Euston - £39 per night
- College Hall, Bloomsbury - £43 per night
- John Dodgson House, King's Cross - £51 per night
- International Hall, Bloomsbury - £42 per night
- College Hall/University of London, Euston - £85 per night
- LSE Carr-Saunders Hall, Oxford Street - £110 per night
- International Hall/University of London, King's Cross - £80 per night
- Lillian Penson Hall, Paddington - £47 per night
- Connaught Hall, Russel Square - £48 per night
*Please note that prices are subject to change. Visit each website to find out more about prices and availability.
Alternatively, you can also search for accommodation on websites such as Tripadvisor, Booking.com and Hotels.com around the areas of Marylebone, Paddington, Camden Town, King's Cross, Bayswater and Bloomsbury.