Organised by staff within the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, and engaging with research and impact across our various disciplines, this special event offers a compact session on developing impact with a special focus on the upcoming REF.
This event is aimed at everyone who would like to come! We particularly encourage attendance by people who are working on impact case studies and UoA leads.
The event will be introduced and chaired by Dr Naomi Creutzfeldt and will include short presentations from four speakers followed by a Q&A session.
• Professor Ben Bradford, Professor of Global City Policing, UCL Jill Dando Institute of Security and Crime Science
• Professor Roland Dannreuther, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and member of Politics & International Studies sub-panel, REF 2014
• Mykaell Riley, Programme Director, Black Music Research Unit and PI, Bass Culture Research
• Kate Theophilus, Faculty of SSH research development manager
Key topics to be addressed include:
• What does impact mean for social sciences and humanities?
• Planning for impact;
• Building sustainable partnerships with a variety of different stakeholder groups;
• Public engagement with your research;
• Impact in a world of interdisciplinary research;
• Tracking your impact;
• Growing the reach and significance of your impact;
• Constructing successful impact case studies for REF2021.
We look forward to seeing you there!