Many larger organisations will ask you to complete an application form, which ask each applicant a series of questions to assess their abilities and interests in a standard way against set criteria.
Here are our top tips on how to complete an application form effectively to maximise your chances of being invited for interview:
- Before you start, read the job description and person specification carefully, think about why you are interested in this role and how you will demonstrate you meet the requirements.
- Provide specific examples of how you can demonstrate your interest and relevant capabilities using evidence from your education, workplace experience and extra-curricular activities.
- Make sure you fully answer all aspects of each question.
- Ensure you are in a quiet place and take your time, paying particular attention to spelling and grammar.
- Keep a copy to refer to for interview preparation.
Where to get help and advice
You can view further advice and approaches to take with different types of questions in the resources section of Engage.
If you need help with an application form, our career consultants can assist you, please book an appointment via Engage.