Professional and short courses
BIM for Architects
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
This series of BIM workshops is for architects and designers looking to gain a real-world understanding of the Building Information Management (BIM) process and technical workflows. With practical demonstrations and hands-on sessions, the course is designed to be an intensive introduction to project BIM management, modelling and coordination in the context of daily architectural tasks – leaving you to then develop your company implementation on a firm footing.
Who is this course for?
This BIM course is aimed at middle management and recently qualified architects.
We offer three separate workshops, each suitable for a different level of BIM capability and experience: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
|No course dates available|
|Register your interest and we will let you know as soon as we have new dates.|
We offer a 10% discount on bookings of two or more people from the same company.
Workshop 1: BIM for Beginners
- general overview of typical workflows of architects including introduction of all software related to the BIM workflow, project BIM kick-off and BEP planning as well as consultant knowledge
- Revit introduction and basic modelling techniques
- creation of concept plans, GA plans, sections, elevations to achieve 2D deliverables, understanding of sharing models with consultants and frequencies
Workshop 2: Intermediate Level
- BIM Scope of service and deliverables, fees, architects deliverables and understanding of BIM requirements, EIRs and BEPs
- Revit intermediate modelling techniques, images, schedules, drawing creation and details
- understanding data and the creation of the master delivery task programme on an example project
Workshop 3: Advanced Level
- teams and collaboration, sharing data with contractors, costing accuracy and as built data, intro to Navisworks, federation of models
- Revit advanced modelling techniques, linking specification data to model, detailing, sharing data and understanding of IFC, cloud services and Autodesk software
- data drops, content, MDTP templates
Casey D Rutland
Casey is an architect and Associate Director at Arup Associates, specialising in BIM project design, delivery and management. As Associate Director he is responsible for the architectural application of BIM processes throughout the company’s offices.
Rebecca De Cicco
Rebecca has worked in architectural practice for close to 12 years and has been engaged in education in design and BIM globally. She aims to engage with the industry to drive and influence real change and learn from those others who are also engaged in the process. Her interests, along with the experience gained throughout the years of working in an architectural environment, have allowed Rebecca to understand that the BIM process is becoming a major influential factor in the way we deliver buildings all over the world. Rebecca has also founded her own BIM consultancy, Digital Node.
As well as being Revit Architecture 2013 Certified she also attends the Autodesk Gunslinger event in Boston annually to trial and test the new release of Autodesk Revit.