Professional and short courses
Foundations of Digital Project Management/Digital Production
|Location||Cavendish, Central London|
|Faculty||Science and Technology|
Our Foundations of Digital Project Management/Digital Production course aims to provide students with an introduction to the nature and context of project management in times of integration and the convergence of media.
The course will introduce you to the digital landscape, the various roles in a team and key project concepts from UX to SEO and social networks to 360 cross platform campaigns.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to understand the fundamentals of project management and what it is to be a digital producer for either client or agency side work.
|Courses no longer available|
|Start date||Duration||Day and time||Price||Apply|
|26 June 2015||1 day||Friday||£400||Already started|
The course will cover:
- the digital landscapes – SEO, social media, mobile, augmented, banners, microsites, CMS, integrated
- outline of methodologies – Scrum, Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE2
- tools of the trade – MS Project, Merlin, Basecamp
- case studies
- list and show examples of digital projects
- helpful resources - Boxes and Arrows, LinkedIn Groups
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the context in which digital production occurs
- appreciate the various team and role considerations
- show insight into the approaches and tools used
- have insight into common pitfalls
Laura Chandler is a Consultant at Tamesis Digital. She has more than 12 years of experience in digital across a broad range of roles and activities, from developer and project manager to head of production and director.
Laura’s clients have included: 3663, ArcelorMittal, Bighams, Battersea Power Station, DWP, DTI, Epson, Financial Conduct Authority, Gü Puds, Honda F1 Racing, Imperial College, King’s College, Kallkwik, Merchant Gourmet, Mind, MTV Rockband, Red Bull Racing, Startrite Shoes, Whyte and Mackay, Vladivar Vodka and Isle of Jura.