Professional and short courses
Digital Project Management for Producers
|Location||Cavendish, Central London|
|Faculty||Science and Technology|
Our Digital Project Management for Producers course provides you with practical exposure to the issues and strategies needed for effective project management in the digital sector.
You will consider the digital landscape, management workflow and the importance of budgets and the team. In addition to key project concepts from UX to SEO and social networks to 360 cross-platform campaigns, it also offers insights into dealing with the client.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for project managers and digital producers who have recently been placed into a supervisory or project-lead role or have decided to go freelance.
|Courses no longer available|
|Start date||Duration||Day and time||Price||Apply|
|24 June 2015||2 days||Wednesday and Thursday||£675||Already started|
Introduction to the digital arena
- the digital landscape and the various disciplines in the digital world including user experience, development and creative
The role of a digital PM and producer – differences and overlaps
Project management approaches
- a look at common PM methodologies (Agile, PRINCE2, Scrum)
- sizing up a project – what tools and project management approaches to use for the job in hand
The project lifecycle – from conception to final delivery
Project management and hands-on producing
- scoping a project and requirements gathering
- costing a digital project
- creating estimates and initial timing plan
- communication tools and techniques
- handling risk and uncertainty
- accessibility issues, overview
- testing – usability (UAT) and technical, an overview
- top tips for avoiding digital project pitfalls
- changing environments and staying ahead of the game
Case studies – real life examples and exercises
Open discussion (Q&A)
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the digital sector and key issues
- select the right project mix for a given project focusing on methodology, team and client management
- consider and apply key digital production techniques
- have awareness of risks and pitfalls
Laura Chandler is a Consultant at Tamesis Digital. She has more than 12 years of experience in digital across a broad range of roles and activities, from developer and project manager to head of production and director.
Laura’s clients have included: 3663, ArcelorMittal, Bighams, Battersea Power Station, DWP, DTI, Epson, Financial Conduct Authority, Gü Puds, Honda F1 Racing, Imperial College, King’s College, Kallkwik, Merchant Gourmet, Mind, MTV Rockband, Red Bull Racing, Startrite Shoes, Whyte and Mackay, Vladivar Vodka and Isle of Jura.