Visit the Students' Union website for more videos and information on the Great Start for new students.
Regent Street is the University’s main, and oldest, building and sits in between the shops of Oxford Street to the south and Marylebone Road to the north.
The School of Law, situated on Little Titchfield Street, is part of our Regent Campus. The Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities can also be found at Regent Street.
The University’s cinema revival project is housed here, as is one of the University of Westminster’s superb gyms – available to all students.
The University of Westminster building on Regent Street opened to the public in August 1838 and is known for opening the first photographic studio in Europe, and being the first to show moving pictures to a paying British public.
The Regent Campus comprises a group of buildings clustered around the historic headquarters of 309 Regent Street. These include the Wells Street buildings and the Little Titchfield Street building, which houses the library for the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, and the School of Law.
Regent Street itself is a major shopping street in London and famous for its Christmas lights each year.
Every building in Regent Street is protected as a Listed Building of at least Grade II status. As a group, these buildings form the Regent Street Conservation Area.
The Regent Street festival takes place once a year, taking over the entire street, which is closed to traffic during the festival.
The nearest Tube stations are Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus, but many of the city's best tourist attractions are just a short walk.
Notable nearby buildings include:
- All Souls Church, at the top of Regent Street, which is the only surviving building in Regent Street designed by John Nash
- Broadcasting House, the BBC's headquarters, which has been broadcasting national radio stations since the 1930s
- The Apple store, which was the first retail space in Europe for the American electronics company
- Hamleys toy shop, which has been at its present address since 1906, and is one of the world's largest and most famous toy shops