- You may apply at any time of the year.
- You may start your Research Degree in either January or September.
- You are encouraged to contact us to discuss the availability of supervision, before you make a formal application as this can lead to a quicker decision.
- The assessment of your suitability and the availability of supervision can take some time, typically between two and three months from submission of your application.
- We encourage you to observe the ‘apply by’ dates in the table below. These are the latest dates by which we can guarantee you will have enough time to complete all the pre arrival stages in time for your preferred start date.
- If you are an overseas applicant, we advise you to apply well in advance of your preferred start date as the Tier 4 Student Visa application process can be very lengthy.
- If you do miss the relevant ‘apply by’ date we will do our best to process your application in time, but you may have to consider a later starting date.
The recommended ‘apply by’ dates to ensure you to meet your preferred start date are listed in the table below:
|Your preferred start date||Recommended ‘apply by’ date if you are an Overseas applicant requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa||Recommended ‘apply by’ date if you are a Home applicant|
|September 2017||20 April 2017||16 June 2017|
|January 2018||31 August 2017||30 September 2017|